OBJECTS REGULATED BY ARIZONA BOILER RULES REQUIRING INSPECTIONS
- Power boilers (over 15 psi steam or vapor pressure)- Annual internal certificate inspection and an external inspection while under operating conditions (approximately six months apart).
- High temperature (water) boilers (exceeding 160 psi and/or 250°F) – A certificate inspection every year.
- Direct-fired steam-jacketed kettles – A certificate inspection every two years.
- Heating or process boilers, not exceeding 15 psi (steam or vapor) – A certificate inspection every two years.
- Hot-water boilers at pressures not exceeding 160 psi or a temperature not exceeding 250°F – An initial certificate inspection (may be external) with no further inspections required.
- Lined hot-water heaters that exceed any of the following limitations:
- Heat input of 200,000 BTU per hour.
- Water temperature of 210°F.
- Nominal water-containing capacity of 120 gallons.
7.An initial certificate inspection (may be external) with no further inspections required.
8.Weld repairs, alterations, replacement of any power piping (pipe, valves, and fittings) operated above 15 psi steam, and/or major component replacement.
9.All newly installed, reinstalled, existing boilers, direct-fired steam jacketed kettles, and lined hot water heaters in Arizona.
Inspection Certificates are issued to individual boiler objects upon compliance with the Arizona Boiler Rules